Microsoft Outlook Setup is an e-mail application suite of Microsoft for e-mail management and related jobs. Over more than millions of users around the world choosing MS-Outlook because it’s easy to use, having handy interface and they are also getting incredible experience due to lots of characteristics.
But, what’s making it differ from other e-mail client’s applications. Home, business and schools, mostly everywhere users have a need of such an email client, which can help them to organize their tasks and make their life simple or easier.
Microsoft has also given some love to Outlook — not just the desktop app, but also the web and app versions. In the fact, the company just released a bunch of new and/or improved features, with more on the way. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights.
Better meeting management
Microsoft Outlook Setup makes it fairly simple to invite people to a meeting, but keeping tabs on who’s coming? That’s never been a strong suit.
Until now : The new Tracking button reveals a table of invited attendees and their responses. And this is available not just for the meeting organizer, but the attendees as well. If you’ve been invited to a meeting and don’t think it’s worth your time to attend unless certain others also attend, now you can tell at a glance.
Coming soon, meeting organizers will also be able to disable the Allow Forwarding option in meeting invitations, thus preventing others from sharing the event outside the invited circle.
Better time-zone management
Managing appointments across time zones: not fun. But now you can set up event start times and end times across different zones — very handy if you’re traveling.
In Outlook for Windows, you also have the option of displaying multiple time zones in the day and week calendar grids. Add one by clicking File > Options > Calendar, then scrolling down to Time Zones and clicking Show a second time zone. Give it a label (such as “PT”), choose the actual time zone you want from the drop-down selector, then click OK. (Mac users should click Outlook > Preferences > Calendar Time Zones.)
Better bcc management
If you’re on the receiving end of a “blind carbon copy” (bcc) email, that means the other recipients don’t know you were copied on it. In Outlook for Windows, you’ll now get an alert if you attempt to reply to that message: You were bcc’d, so perhaps you should reply only to the sender? That way you’ll remain anonymous; you won’t “out” yourself as having been copied on the original.
Office Lens for Android
If you use Outlook for Android, this is welcome news indeed: Later this month, the app will integrate Microsoft’s Office Lens feature.
When that happens, you can tap the photo icon while composing a message, then take a snapshot of a whiteboard, document, photo or the like. Outlook will optimize it and then embed it into the email.
Outlook.com already scans your messages for things like delivery notifications and travel reservations, automatically adding reminders to your calendar.
Now, it can do likewise with bills : Outlook will identify them in your inbox, show you a summary and automatically add a calendar event on the due date. You’ll also get an email reminder two days ahead of the due date, the idea being to help you avoid accidental late payments.
Feature : Microsoft Outlook Setup
Attachment with Reminder Feature: You can send any of your personal documents & data in an attachment via Ms–Outlook up-to 20MB in the e-mails. But, via using cloud storage you can send a file of 10 MB to 300GB.
Even you can resize the attached photo in new MS-Outlook. If you are using MS exchange server account, then you can get the delivery information of both outgoing and incoming messages.
Signature: Have you tired of writing your signature in each e-mail? So let’s take the help of the signature option. With MS–Outlook you can create your own signature and make it fabulous through inserting business card, hyperlink, adding a picture etc.
Organize a calendar appointment: Using this option you can create a calendar appointment and schedule for your tasks on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. By adding subject, place and time on appointment you can briefly describe your future appointments (schedule) and can save your important time.
Create a Task: Lots of users write down their tasks on spreadsheets, papers or maybe use other methods. But at same platform of MS-Outlook you can create your task in a better and efficient way as well as track them.
Make Archive of your .PST and.OST files: It’s one of the useful key features of Microsoft for those users who deal with a huge amount of data and those who do not want to lose their important e-mails. Microsoft Outlook Setup gives user a privilege to save his/her data to create archive files manually or automatically in .PST and. OST formats.
Enhance Security Feature: Apart from basic password protection services of Microsoft Outlook Setup it’s also protect against from various spam issues, which generally users receive via MS-Outlook’s attachment. You can also customize the outlook security facility.
Contacts Manageability : Microsoft Outlook Setup provides a better manageability features to users to manage their contacts. Users can import their contacts from other e-mail messages, electronic business Card, and uses photo for contacts and can also organize their contacts into groups as per their comfort.
Stay Connect with social life: Via using Microsoft Outlook social connector you can stay in touch with your social life like Facebook, Window Live messenger. Many of the users not aware about this vantage, but it were firstly introduced in Nov. 19, 2009 and it’s available for MS-Outlook versions of 2003, 2007 & 2010.
Outlook’s greatest advantage is that Microsoft has designed it as a standalone product that connects to an Exchange server. Functions you see when an Exchange client is attached to an Exchange server (e.g., public folder storage and access, global address lists, rules, and mailbox storage limits) are available in Outlook even without an Exchange server connection.
Microsoft Outlook Setup includes the former standalone functions of Internet email, tasks, and scheduling. Let’s explore Outlook and look at how you can get the most from this program.
Streamlining with folders
You can use folders in Outlook to store anything from mail messages to Word and Excel documents to full Web pages. The primary folder you use in Outlook is the Universal Inbox, which functions as the name promises: It’s the one place you receive all your messages—email, voice mail, fax, or multimedia.
Currently, more than 100 Exchange Server add-on applications are available that let you convert voice mail to text and text to voice mail; direct your faxes to your Inbox instead of the common area fax machine and dial in to the office, pick up your voice-mail messages on email, and listen to them on your PC. You’ll even find applications that let you send the first few hundred characters of a voice or mail message to your pager.
Ruling over Inbox overload.
Rules became familiar to Microsoft customers with the advent of Exchange Server 4.0, but other vendors have offered rules for some time. In Microsoft Outlook Setup, a rule lets a user specify conditions and actions so that when messages arrive, the software automatically performs prescribed actions on messages that meet defined conditions.
For example, say you receive messages from an Internet mailing list that floods your Inbox with 100 messages a day. You might lose important messages in and among the list messages because all the messages land in the Inbox.
By using rules, you can specify a way for Outlook to recognize certain messages from a given mailing list (maybe the sender address or a signature or some text in the message body) and move those messages to another folder, which you also specify.
Then, as long as you set the conditions properly, Outlook will move all targeted messages out of the Inbox when they arrive and leave only your critical mail.
The key to using rules is in administration, both for the LAN administrator, who must build extra processing power into the Exchange Server to support background processing of rules, and for the user, who needs adequate training to use rules effectively.
Sharing information easily with groupware functions.
Microsoft Outlook Setup includes several groupware features that ease continued communication between teams. Tracking functions automatically keep track of messages and how they flow through organizations.
Read and Delivery are functions that deliver a receipt or response to senders that their messages have arrived or been opened. Message Recall lets an Exchange Server user who is running the Outlook client recall a message if the recipient has not opened it.
Fixing it on the fly with IntelliSense
Microsoft Outlook Setup contains many of the IntelliSense features familiar from other Office applications. One of the most useful is the Auto Preview feature on the Inbox. It lets a user see the first three lines of incoming messages without having to open them, allowing for quick mail sorting.
Faster Email Processing: MS Outlook allows sending or receiving emails quickly without taking extra time. A user can read their emails through Microsoft Outlook Setup even if the internet connection is not available for a while. One such feature of MS Outlook helps making communication faster and effective.
Email Attachment Reminder: It is another strong feature of the MS Outlook program that remind users to add or insert attachment to the email message even if user forgot to do so. Thus, this feature will be very helpful for people who are usual for this kind of working way as now MS Outlook will remind them to add required attachments.
Social Connectivity: Microsoft Outlook has ‘Social Connectors’ function that makes it really a best communication platform for professionals. With the help of this function you will always updated with current activities one has updated through Facebook, witter and LinkedIn profiles. Because all the related information is exhibited in Microsoft Outlook to keep the users updated about the recent social activities.
Altered Contacts: MS Outlook stored all contacts in their Address book that can be managed in a very smooth way. The most beneficial point for the user is that one can edit or change contact information by a single click on its name. As we have seen that Contacts have now replaced with “People” in new interfaces.
Tracking Feature: Most of the users want to know that how many peoples have read the message sent by them. So Microsoft Outlook Setup has released a new features using it a user can track the status of sent email messages.
Why It Is Necessary To Use Outlook ?
Every user has its own opinion about choosing their email client whether it is desktop or web based email client. But when environments of most business sectors are concluded Microsoft wins the war.
Microsoft improves each version of Outlook with set of advanced features for users making them easier to use. Therefore, here are some important aspects of Outlook that makes it best choice for your needs.
Integration with Microsoft Exchange
Outlook and Exchange server when are used integrated with each other works as parallel track for employees. No extra efforts are required to let Outlook and Exchange work together.
In order to set Outlook with Exchange Server user has to perform few steps using Outlook settings and that’s it a smooth commune is available for IT users.
Outlook’s Co-ordination with Active Directory
Active Directory is all credentials of Exchange Users that are registered on Server, when users log into Outlook account they don’t have to fill all login credentials again and again to log into Exchange Server account. In fact MS Outlook does not require any information it figures out the right e-mail address via AD and log into respective email client.
Additional Benefits with Microsoft Outlook Setup
Microsoft Outlook Setup additionally also supports many other smart devices and applications providing great way of accessing mailbox data from anywhere around the world.
These days lots of Smartphone’s are available those provide facility to synch your Outlook mailbox with phone, whereas those who don’t provide this facility, can hire third party add-ons available on market rendering service of synchronizing with Outlook account.
Easy Management of Emails
In Microsoft Outlook Setup, sorting is allowed for email messages indicating specification to prior messages. Users can sort messages according to their requirements and can also send different automatic messages to different email address.
Swift Workflow Strategies
Outlook is not limited only to messaging instead it allow users to set workflows for occasions like online voting. If a group of people needs to decide the meeting place somewhere out of station than they can just take online permission of every other coordinators via online voting. Moreover, Outlook ‘Form’ feature allow users to take request from sub-ordinators for time off, and if approves it gets returned to user.
Powerful Security Mechanisms
Being a part of Microsoft family, Outlook possesses quite strong security on its features. Junk mail filters restricts web bugs, data from foreign sites and downloading images from internet by default. This means it has embedded security features disallowing unwanted virus and malwares entering into Outlook account.
How to set up signature in outlook ?
Creating email signatures in Microsoft Outlook Setup is easy. The only inconvenience you may encounter is that the Outlook’s signature editor has rather basic set of formatting tools. To set up email signature in Outlook 2019, simply follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2019 from the Start menu or from the taskbar.
- In Outlook 2019, click File > Options > Mail.
- Then, in the Outlook Options window under Mail tab, click Signatures… in the Compose messages section. Note: You can also access Signatures by opening a New Email message, then clicking Signature in the Include group and again Signatures.
- In the Signatures and Stationery window, click New to create your Outlook signature. Type a name for your signature.
- In the Edit signature section, create your signature block. Use available formatting tools.Note: Outlook editor offers rather basic formatting tools. If you are not satisfied with the effects they provide, you can use free email signature generator to generate a ready-to-use signature template. After adjusting the template to your needs, simply copy/paste it to Outlook editor.
- In the Choose default signature section, specify which email account should get the signature (applies if you use more than one email account), and whether add it to new messages and/or replies/forwards. If all settings are ready, save changes by clicking OK.
- To check if the signature works correctly, open a new email message. The signature should already be there. Note: If you didn’t select your signature as a default one, then you need to add it manually every time you write a new message. You can add your signature from the Signature button in the Message ribbon.
- That’s it. If you want to create another signature for other recipients, simply follow this guide again. You can create as many Outlook 2019 signatures as you need, which then you can select from the Signature button in the new message window.
How to set up outlook email ? : www.office.com/setup
Understand the difference between POP and IMAP email services. There are two ways that email can be delivered to your email client: POP (Post Office Protocol) and IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol).
POP is the older method of transferring email messages, and works by downloading new messages to your client and then deleting them from the server. IMAP was designed to allow you to check email from multiple devices, as messages and organization are synced between all of the clients you use.
- There is really no practical reason to use POP if IMAP is available. IMAP is more stable, more secure, and allows you to check your email from your computer, phone, and laptop without losing any messages.Most email services allow you to use IMAP, though some may charge for it. Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook.com (Hotmail), AOL, and most service providers allow for IMAP.
- Configure your service for IMAP (Gmail). Most email services allow you to access the IMAP functions without making any changes. The major exception to this is Gmail, where you will need to manually enable IMAP.Log into the Gmail website and click the Gear button. Select “Settings’ and then click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab. Select “Enable IMAP” and click “Save Changes”.
- Open Outlook. When you add an IMAP email service, you’ll be able to check, organize, and manage your email in Outlook and on all of your other devices. Any changes you make in Outlook will be reflected in your other email clients.
- Click the “File” tab. In the “Info” section, click the “+ Add Account” button.
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types”. This will allow you to enter any email account.Note: If you’re using Gmail or Hotmail (Outlook.com), you can enter your email address and password in the “E-Mail Account” section of the Add New Account window and skip the rest of this section. Outlook will take care of the rest of the configuration for you.
- Select “POP or IMAP”. This will enable you to enter a web-based email account.
- Enter your email account information. Enter your name as well as your email address in the top section. Leave the Server Information blank for now (see next step).In the Logon Information section, enter your account User Name (usually the same as your email address) as well as the password you use to access the account.
- Enter your mail server information. In the Server Information section, enter in the information for your mail service. Select “IMAP” from the Account Type drop-down menu. Below is information for some of the more popular mail services.
- Click the .More Settings button. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”. This setting is the same for nearly all email services.
- Click the Advanced tab These settings are usually correct, but you’ll want to verify them using the table below.
- Click Next after entering all of your account settings. Outlook will begin testing your settings to ensure that it can connect to the server to send and receive messages.
- Wait for your messages to sync. once you’ve connected your email account, your messages and folders will begin syncing with Outlook. Depending on how many messages you have, this may take a few moments. You can monitor the process from the status bar at the bottom of the window.Outlook will only have to do a major sync the first time you connect your account. After this, it will just sync any changes made from any of your email clients.
- Browse through your messages. On the left side of the window, you’ll see your email account with its associated folders listed underneath. You can browse through these folders to see all of your messages. Any organizational changes you make in Outlook will be reflected in the web version of your email account, and vice versa.